Capital Allowances in Office buildings

Do you own a commercial property in the UK?

Capital Allowances in Industrial Units / Factories

Are you a UK Tax payer?

Gym / Leisure building

If so, you may be eligible to claim
Capital Allowances

Bed and Breakfast / Hotel Capital Allowances

Tax relief of over 25% of the property’s original purchase and refurbishment price is frequently available.

Corporate Office Capital Allowances

We take the hassle out of your Capital Allowances Survey

Capital Allowances available on hotels

If you are a commercial property owner, and a UK tax payer, please get in touch!

Capital Allowances FAQs

I purchased my property 10 years ago. Can I still claim Capital Allowances?

As long as you still owned the property in the year you make the claim you are entitled to claim the Capital Allowances.
However, for property purchases after April 2012 the fixed value requirement applies and after April 2014 the pooling requirement applies.

I purchased my property April 2010 and signed s198 CAA elections. Can I still claim Capital Allowances?

Assuming the s198 CAA 2001 elections were valid and the vendor owned the property prior to April 2008 you could still claim Capital Allowances on general electrical, lighting and cold water systems but not on those assets covered by the s198 CAA 2001 elections.
This is because under s33A CAA 2001 Capital Allowances claims on these integral features have only been available since April 2008.

I have tax losses brought forward. Should I still claim Capital Allowances?

However, depending on your tax circumstances, it may be preferable to wait until you have utilised your tax losses before having the survey done. Please note if you wait you may lose the right to claim your first year allowances (‘FYA’) and annual investment allowances (‘AIA’).
An exception to this is if an apportionment is required prior to you selling the property – a purchaser will expect to be given details of the available Capital Allowances. 

If it’s so good why has my accountant not done the exercise?

All accountants have a general understanding of Capital Allowances. However, very few possess the in-house technical, legal and surveying skills to produce a full Capital Allowances report on a commercial property.

My property is in a SIPP. Can I claim Capital Allowances?

However, should you transfer the property to yourself or if it is sold by your SIPP a Capital Allowances claim can be made by the purchaser.

CA Select Capital Allowances

CA Select Limited
Hunters Lodge
Old Lane
Brown Edge
Stoke on Trent 

  Steve: 07817 149175
Dafydd: 07737 124576

Company No.11323010

Copyright © 2023 | All Rights Reserved

Connect with us